Susan Volotta, Information Coordinator with Wolters Kluwer Law & Business (Riverwoods, IL) announced to ACR members today she will be leaving Wolters Kluwer on Oct. 21, 2011.
The 2010 Summer Conference agenda has been posted.
LexisNexis is sponsoring a dinner at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 17, 2010, in Providence at Temple Downtown, 120 Francis. R.S.V.P. to Leslie Ostrander: firstname.lastname@example.org
● ACR Vice President John Martinez (NM) is hard at work updating the State and Federal Survey with the new details and figures you all have provided to him. Please contact John right away at email@example.com if you haven’t yet provided your state’s updates, or if you only completed one of the two
surveys. Thomson Reuters West has once again generously offered to do the printing for the biennial Survey. They and John are working to meet the deadline to have the new 2010-2011 Survey printed in time to distribute at the Summer Conference.
● Don’t forget to get your Colborn Award nominations in. Use the Nomination Packet and Nomination Form found online at:
The 2010 Awards Committee, Jane Chaffin, Chair (VA), Molly Masich (NC) and Scott Eaton (NH) are accepting nominations through Friday, June 11.
● Secretary Al Jaeger (ND), NASS’ liaison to ACR this year, has written a lovely letter to the Secretaries of State and Division Directors who oversee the states’ administrative rule filing, publishing and review functions, encouraging them to send their staff to the NASS/ACR Summer Conference. Those letters went out in April.
Here’s a link to a copy of it:
http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/transfer/jaeger.pdf Thank you to Secretary Jaeger for doing this on our behalf.
The Program Committee, Emily Caudill, Chair (KY), Elizabeth Palen (VA) and Debbie Ritzko (NY) assembled an action-packed agenda for ACR’s summer conference in Providence, R.I. Please view it at:
http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/transfer/acragenda.pdf or on the ACR Website at: http://www.administrativerules.org/
Thank you for the time and effort that went into putting together this agenda for us.
● Go on-line to the NASS website at: http://nass.orgto register by June 16 in order to get the early registration price and to reserve a hotel room at the NASS Conference rate.
● Wolters Kluwer Lois Law will be sponsoring ACR’s A/V and Internet set-up, and our afternoon breaks in Providence. Thank you to Wolters Kluwer and to Sue Rogers for arranging this with NASS and the ACR Program Committee.
● LexisNexis is sponsoring a dinner for ACR attendees on Saturday evening, July 17 at 7:30, following the NASS Welcoming Reception. Thank you to LexisNexis and to Leslie Ostrander of LexisNexis for putting thistogether. Please watch the listserv for additionaldetails, and to respond to Leslie when she requests attendance numbers.
Candy Herring will be missed by her ACR Friends. See the In Memory section of this site for more information on her passing.
Emily Caudill, Chair of the 2010 Program Committee has released a tentative agenda for this summer’s conference. See the Conference section of this website for more information.
Jane Chaffin, Chair of the Robert J. Colborn, Jr. Innovation Award is gathering 2010 nominations. See the Colborn Award link on this website for more information.